Electric motor services
- WYRE REPAIRS LTD. Unit J, Boyn Valley Industrial Estate, Maidenhead,
Berkshire, SL6 4EJ. Tel: 01628 671312/674691, Fax: 01628 674691,
Repairs, refurbishments and rewinds to electric motors and pumps.
Transformer manufacture and rewinds
for refilling transformers, dummy loads and the like
- R BAKER (ELECTRICAL) Ltd, Evans Road, Liverpool, L24 9PB Tel:
0151 486 6760, Fax: 0151 448 1225. Web: www.rbaker.co.uk
Transformer manufacture and repair.
- BIRMINGHAM TRANSFORMERS Ltd, Unit 6, Weston Works, Weston Lane,
Tyseley, Birmingham B11 (0121-764 5600).
- BLS ELECTRONICS Ltd, Morrison Industrial Estate, Anfield Plain,
Stanley, DH9 7RU (01207-234018).
- Ed DINNING. Coils and transformers rewound (but not line output
transformers). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JMS TRANSFORMERS LTD., 20 Ivatt Way, Westwood Industrial Estate,
Peterborough, PE3 7PG. Tel: 01733 760000. Good range of products
and rapid service. Web site: www.jmstransformers.co.uk
- MAJESTIC TRANSFORMER COMPANY, 245 Rossmore Road, Parkstone,
Poole, BH12 2HQ. Tel: 01202 734463. No longer rewinds old transformers.
Web site: www.transformers.uk.com
- SCOT TRANSFORMERS Ltd, Upper Colwall, Malvern, Worcestershire,
WR13 6PL. Tel: 01684 569104, Fax: 01684 565766. Web site: www.skot.co.uk
- VARIABLE VOLTAGE TECHNOLOGY LTD. Variable Voltage Technology
Ltd., Unit 3B, Sheat Manor Farm, Chillerton, NEWPORT, Isle of
Wight, PO30 3HP, England. Tel: 0870 243 0414 Web site www.vvttransformers.co.uk
. Good range of transformers available, including for specialist
What you need is a light mineral oil (naphthnenic oil) such as
medicinal mineral oil (not castor oil or cooking oil as this will
go rancid). A veterinary surgeon would be a good person to try.
If you feel you must have the proper transformer oil, it would be
worth trying the public relations department of your local electric
power supply company, pleading that transformer oil distributors
will sell only 55-gallon barrels of the stuff. If you are lucky
they'll contact the engineering department, and spring loose a stray
gallon. Do not use motor oil; it has poor heat transfer characteristics
and detergent additives may cause unwanted reaction.