Specialist wire and cable suppliers
- ANTIQUE ELECTRONIC SUPPLY, 6221 S. Maple Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85283,
USA (00 1 602-820 5411, fax 00 1 602-820 4643). Fabric-covered
loudspeaker wire, other hook-up wire. Elaborate 32-page catalogue
free, mail order a speciality, credit cards taken. click here
for web site.
- COASTAL CONCEPTS, 407 Ridge Court, Kohler, WI 53044, USA (00
1 920-458 8825). Litz wire in various gauges. Credit card orders
- CHRISTOPER WRAY LIGHTING LTD., 591-593 Kings Road, London SW6
2YW. (Tel: 0207-751 8701); 199 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H
8JR (Tel: 0207-836-6869); 62 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JM (Tel:
0117 9279537); 206 Topsham Road, Exeter (Tel: 01392 427774). Web
A good source for gold fabric covered mains cables and much more.
- The COAX CONNECTION, Joe Cassata KA9CAI 10S226 Meadow Ln, Naperville,
Il 60564, USA (00 1 708-420-0342). Range includes magnet wire.
- Ben DIJKMAN & CO. Europe's premier source for specialist and
hard-to-find repro parts for vintage radios, particularly Philips.
Cabinet backs, knobs, cables, speaker fabrics, badges, and dial
glasses are all available here. Web site: www.radioverzameling.nl/repro/uk/
- FLEXFORM "The Manufacturing Company of Harpers Ltd." can supply
most kinds of period mains cables, fittings, mains sockets, ceiling
roses etc. Find them at www.cablespecialists.co.uk
- KERRIGAN LEWIS WIRE PRODUCTS, 4421 West Rice Street, Chicago,
IL 60651, USA (00 1312-772 7208). Their catalogue lists a wide
range of sizes and also has some interesting technical information
on Litz wire. If you ask for a catalogue be sure to also ask for
the Technical Tips bulletin 'Soldering of Litz wire'.
- LAMPS AND LIGHTS. Web based business stocking many antique-compatible
electric lighting parts including gold braided mains flexes. Web
site at www.lampsandlights.co.uk
- MODERN RADIO LABS, Box 14902, Minneapolis, MN 55414-0902, USA.
Cotton-covered wire in small gauges.
- RADIO DAZE, 7 Assembly Drive, Mendon, NY 14506, USA (00 1 716-624
9755, fax 00 1 800 456 6494, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Cloth-covered starnded and solid hook-up wire (20 gauge) and mains
cable (twin 18 gauge).
- RHODE ISLAND WIRING SERVICE, Box 434, West Kingston, RI 02892,
USA (00 1 401-789 1955). Radio cables made to order.
- SCIENTIFIC WIRE COMPANY, 18 Raven Road, London, E18 1HB (020-8505
0002, fax 020-8 554 1114). Wide range of bare, enamelled and plated
wires, also Litz and manganin wires.
- STIFFKEY LAMP SHOP, Stiffkey, Wells-Next-Sea, NR23 1AJ (01328-830460).
Fabric-covered mains cable (looks better than PVC-sheathed flex
on vintage receivers but has modern blue, brown, yellow-green
wires inside). Available in two colours, gold and dark brown;
the conductors are twisted and each has its own fabric covering.
- WIRECOM Inc., Box 2569, Asheville, North Carolina 28802, USA
(00 1 888-298 9473, fax 00 1 704-628-9473). Coax, solid and stranded
'antenna wire', related connectors, insulators, magnet wire.
- WIRES.CO.UK, 18 Raven Road, South Woodford, London, E18 1HW.
tel: 020 8505 0002, fax: 020 8559 1114. Web site: www.wires.co.uk
Craft wires, resistance wires, enamelled wire, tinned wire...
you name it - they've got it.